PC User Guide
Changing Program settings
You can specify how you want BrowseAloud to start and whether or not you want the most up-to-date version of the system. You can do this using the Program tab in the BrowseAloud Options dialog box, which is shown below:
1. Double-click on the icon in your system tray or right-click on this icon and select Open BrowseAloud Options from the popup menu.
The BrowseAloud Options dialog box is displayed. Alternatively you may also click the Options button on the Toolbar.
2. Click on the Program tab, which is shown above.
If you cannot see the Program tab, make sure the Show me more options check box is selected in the bottom left-hand corner of the BrowseAloud Options dialog box.
3. Select the Always start BrowseAloud when my computer starts check box if you want BrowseAloud to start each time your computer starts. Deselect this check box if you want to manually start BrowseAloud each time you need to use it.
4. Select the Check for updates every day check box if you want BrowseAloud to check and update the list of speech enabled websites on your computer every day. If you do not select this option, you will not be able to use BrowseAloud on any websites which have been speech enabled since you installed BrowseAloud. You should therefore click on the Update now button to automatically update your list of speech enabled websites. You can see the time and date of the last update displayed alongside this button.
5. Click on the Reset all defaults button if you want BrowseAloud to override any settings you have made in all of the tabs in the BrowseAloud Options dialog box and use the original system settings.
6. Click on the OK button to save the settings.