- Free to download
- Easy to use - just place your mouse-pointer on a page and Browsealoud starts reading!
Keep reading to find out more about:
- Voice control - you can control how BrowseAloud reads sites aloud
- Highlighting - BrowseAloud highlights the word and sentence it is reading aloud
- Continuous reading - BrowseAloud will keep reading a page until you tell it to stop
- Small download - BrowseAloud has a small firewall-friendly download
All BrowseAloud functionality is accessible via the Keyboard. Use the Alt+Tab keys to select "BrowseAloud 6 Toolbar" you may then use the Tab key to move along the buttons, and the Space Bar to activate the buttons. There are also access Hot Keys for each button. Hover the mouse over each button and the Hot Key and a brief description will appear. BrowseAloud also allows you to use your keyboard to start and stop speech. Simply press the Ctrl key on your keyboard to start speech and then press it again to stop speech.
If required, you can change the key(s) you need to press to control speech. You can do this using the Customise Speech tab in the Browsealoud Options dialog box.
If you have difficulty using a mouse, you can use MouseKeys which allow you to use the numeric keypad to control the mouse pointer. For more information on using MouseKeys, refer to the Microsoft Windows online help.