- Free to download
- Easy to use - just place your mouse-pointer on a page and Browsealoud starts reading!
Keep reading to find out more about:
- Voice control - you can control how BrowseAloud reads sites aloud
- Highlighting - BrowseAloud highlights the word and sentence it is reading aloud
- Continuous reading - BrowseAloud will keep reading a page until you tell it to stop
- Small download - BrowseAloud has a small firewall-friendly download
You can instruct BrowseAloud to read text aloud on web pages. You can also instruct it to read aloud PDF and Microsoft Word documents that accompany web pages.
There are two ways in which you can read text aloud. You can read it aloud using:
· mouse hovering - you use mouse hovering to read aloud text on web pages and PDF documents, you may turn hovering on and off using the Hover toggle button on the Toolbar .
· text selections - you use text selections to read aloud selected text on web pages, and PDF and Microsoft Word documents. Select the text you wish to read and click “Play” .
You cannot use mouse hovering to read aloud Microsoft Word documents.
If required, you can read aloud the text used on BrowseAloud popup menus and on the BrowseAloud Options dialog box. Click here for more information.
You can control further ways in which text is read aloud, such as the voice used, how words are pronounced and whether or not you want it highlighted as it is read aloud. Click here for more information on setting up options.
Remember to check that your speakers are switched on.