- Free to download
- Easy to use - just place your mouse-pointer on a page and Browsealoud starts reading!
Keep reading to find out more about:
- Voice control - you can control how BrowseAloud reads sites aloud
- Highlighting - BrowseAloud highlights the word and sentence it is reading aloud
- Continuous reading - BrowseAloud will keep reading a page until you tell it to stop
- Small download - BrowseAloud has a small firewall-friendly download
Reading dictionary definitions
You can use BrowseAloud to find dictionary definitions for words and then read the definitions aloud.
You can only find definitions for single word selections.
To find and read dictionary definitions:
1. Highlight a single word, for which you require a dictionary definition, on the web page. Click the “Dictionary Definition” button on the toolbar
2. The Dictionary Definition window is displayed. Hover your mouse over the text that you want read aloud, in the dictionary definition window.
BrowseAloud reads the text aloud.
Remember to check that your speakers are switched on.
When you want BrowseAloud to stop reading text aloud you can press the Ctrl key on your keyboard to stop and start speech. If required, you can change this key.
1. Click on the OK button when you are finished.