- Free to download
- Easy to use - just place your mouse-pointer on a page and Browsealoud starts reading!
Keep reading to find out more about:
- Voice control - you can control how BrowseAloud reads sites aloud
- Highlighting - BrowseAloud highlights the word and sentence it is reading aloud
- Continuous reading - BrowseAloud will keep reading a page until you tell it to stop
- Small download - BrowseAloud has a small firewall-friendly download
Reading text using mouse hovering
You can instruct BrowseAloud to read text aloud on web pages and PDF documents, using mouse hovering. This is the default way in which BrowseAloud reads text aloud. You may turn mouse hovering on or off using the “Hover” button on the BA6 Toolbar .
To read text aloud using mouse hovering, simply hover your mouse over an area of text. An example is shown below:
You cannot use mouse hovering to read aloud Microsoft Word documents.
By default, BrowseAloud will read the next sentence after it has read the current one. If required, you can prevent it from doing this using the Customise Speech tab in the BrowseAloud Options dialog box.
When you want BrowseAloud to stop reading text aloud, simply uncheck the “Hover” button on the Toolbar. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl key on your keyboard to stop and start speech. If required, you can change this key.
You can also control other BrowseAloud settings.