- Free to download
- Easy to use - just place your mouse-pointer on a page and Browsealoud starts reading!
Keep reading to find out more about:
- Voice control - you can control how BrowseAloud reads sites aloud
- Highlighting - BrowseAloud highlights the word and sentence it is reading aloud
- Continuous reading - BrowseAloud will keep reading a page until you tell it to stop
- Small download - BrowseAloud has a small firewall-friendly download
Reading text using text selections
You can specify that you want BrowseAloud to read aloud text which you have manually selected in web pages and on PDF and Microsoft Word documents that accompany web pages.
To read text aloud using text selections:
1. Highlight an area of text on the web page.
2. Click the “Play” button . While reading the “Play” button becomes a “Stop” button . When playback has stopped the “Play” button returns to the default play state.
BrowseAloud reads the text aloud.
Remember to check that your speakers are switched on.
When you want BrowseAloud to stop reading a text selection aloud click “Stop” . Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl key on your keyboard to stop and start speech. If required, you can change this key.